Today’s topic is focused on how to Smoke Shisha for the First Time – and enjoy the Hookah Experience 😉
First-things-first; a bit of terminology. Shisha is the tobacco. At Tuah Australia we supply only the best husk, Shisha Flavours. The Hookah is the instrument used to smoke your shisha. It’s often the setup of the Hookah which frightens people. Today we will teach you how to smoke shisha first time as a beginner. We are going to take away the mystery & make your Hookah Experience positive.
Setting up your Hookah
1) Remove the Stem (metal tube) from the vase (water tank).
2) Pour water into the vase. Return the Stem, ensuing it is 1 to 1.5cm submerged in the water.
3) To ensure a good blend of juice and flavour, always mix the two before placing in the bowl.
4) Select your favorite Shisha flavour and fill the Shisha bowl, making sure not to over fill.
5) Place your Heat Management Device (HMD) onto the bowl, choosing your HMD fits perfectly placed on your Shisha bowl.
Fill the bowl just below the rim and pack it loosely enough to allow for airflow.
Pack the flavour in the bowl firmly. Make space around the bowl by creating a doughnut shape with a poker or toothpick. This will help the heat flow evenly through the tobacco.
Place your Heat Management Device (HMD) onto the bowl. Make sure the flavor does not touch the HMD
See the embers are red-hot
To start with, you should use only two coals to get the heat right and prevent burning the flavor. Once the flavor is reaching your mouth, add another coal to have an elevated smoking experience.
*If you put too much heat on the flavor at early point as a shock, this will give unpleasant taste.
Shisha Charcoals are red-hot, move to the Heat Management Device
When the Shisha Charcoals are hot, move to the Heat Management Device so that the embers heat up the Shisha head bowl and release the flavour and aroma.
To heat up the shisha flavor, place the lid back on the HMD for 5 minutes. Take off the lid once you have taste flavor in your mouth, add coal #3 and you can enjoy your hookah experience.
Tuah Shisha flavours have a certain heat point. If the charcoal is too hot, it will burn the flavours, so it’s important not to let the charcoal get too hot.
How to start shisha with foil:
- For a better heat management, always use double foil when smoking Tuah-flavored shisha. This will make the session more enjoyable and the heat not too direct to the flavor in the bowl.
- Make sure the matte side of the foil faces toward the coal and the shinny side is turned inward.
- To start, use two coals. Once you taste the flavor of the shisha in your mouth, add a third coal.
*Otherwise, the flavour will get shocked by the high temperature and burnt.
- Always place the coals on the side of the bowl and never in the middle.
How to smoke Shisha for the First Time.
The quality of your Shisha is vital. Stale or poor-quality shisha equals an unpleasant taste. Here at Tuah Australia, our Shisha is vacuum packed, ensuring with the correct storage, you’ll have fresh and tasty shisha for your next Hookah party.
Tips for ensuring a successful Hookah experience.
Use Ice and Cold water – The colder the water, the fresher the experience.
Fresh Tobacco is Key – “fresh is best” is just as true for shisha. Tuah Australia has a variety of Shisha flavours ensuring you an amazing shisha experience.
Blow Some Air into the Pipe – Smoke gets trapped inside and if not replaced can become stale.
Hookah Pipes – You must always use quality hookah pipes.
Just Use Enough Tobacco – don’t put too much.
Go for Natural Coal – For a fresher natural taste, always go for natural coal. You’ll find our Tuah Coals for sale in the Products section.
Replace the Water – Always use fresh water for every new session.
Hookahs Should Taste Great – As you inhale, the sensation should be cool and calming, with your body feeling relaxed.
For more detailed information on how to ensure you get the most from your Shisha go to our blog How to Enjoy your Hookah every time.
Don’t be daunted by the prospect of setting up your first hookah or your first shisha experience. Follow the steps and remember, at Tuah Australia, we are here to help, which is why we started our one-on-one booking service and the online tutorials.