Learn to setup your hookah first
1. setup your base
- Remove the Stem (metal tube) from the vase (water tank).
- Pour water into the vase. Return the Stem, ensuing it is 1 to 1.5cm submerged in the water.
- To ensure a good blend of juice and shisha flavour, always mix the two before placing in the bowl.
- Select your favorite hookah flavour and fill the Shisha bowl, making sure not to over fill.
- Place your Heat Management Device (HMD) onto the bowl, choosing your HMD fits perfectly placed on your Shisha bowl.
2. setup your bowl
- Fill the hookah bowl just below the rim and pack it loosely enough to allow for airflow.
- Pack the flavour in the bowl firmly. Make space around the bowl by creating a doughnut shape with a poker or toothpick.
- This will help the heat flow evenly through the tobacco.
- In case you are wondering where to find shisha flavours near you, we got it all here.
3. Setup your heat management device
Place your Heat Management Device (HMD) onto the bowl. Make sure the flavor does not touch the HMD.
4. prepare your coals
- Heat up your shisha coals and make sure they are ember red.
- During the session, you should only use two coals to get the heat right and prevent burning of the flavor.
- Once the taste the flavor, you can add another coal to intensify the session.
- Don’t put too much heat on the flavor at early point as a shock, this will give unpleasant taste.
5. move the coals to the heat managment device
- When the Shisha Charcoals are hot, move to the Heat Management Device so that the embers heat up the Shisha head bowl and release the flavour and aroma.
- To heat up the shisha flavor, place the lid back on the HMD for 5 minutes. Take off the lid once you have taste flavor in your mouth, add coal #3 and you can enjoy your hookah experience.
- Our shisha flavours have a certain heat point. If the charcoal is too hot, it will burn the flavours, so it’s important not to let the charcoal get too hot.
6. use foils for better heat control
- For a better heat management, always use double foil when smoking Tuah-flavored shisha. This will make the session more enjoyable and the heat not too direct to the flavor in the bowl.
- Make sure the matte side of the foil faces toward the coal and the shinny side is turned inward.
- Always place the coals on the side of the bowl and never in the middle.
7. puff slowly and gently
- Smoke via the hose with full breaths with slow steady pace.
- A strong inhale will lead to overheating of the shisha, adding harsh burned flavors.
- Most bowls last 30 to 45 minutes. We recommend you move the charcoal tabs every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Tap them with the tongs to knock off the ash, then flip them over.
How to smoke without coughing and tips to be consistent
Use ice water
The ice water is able to maintain the freshness of your sessions for even longer periods of time and also prevents overheating.
Use fresh tobacco
Make sure that your manufacturer gives you freshly made tobacco. Bars must always give your fresh heads or clay heads at all times. Here at Tuah, our flavours are always served at the best conditions.
blow off trapped air
Before your next puff, blow off into the pipe to release trapped smoke inside which can affect your flavours from overheating too much.
use high quality pipes
More sophisticated pipes are designed ot handle large amounts of smoke per puff. So, if you use quality hookahs, over time the sessions will be more controlled.
contorl your shisha use
Strictly read the instructions on the labels of the shisha packets as they indicate the optimal amounts of shisha to be used. Do not overdo it.
use coconut coal
The best smoke generated is often due to the type of coal use. Stick to natural coals and use less quick light coals because it can affect your flavours.
Replace water during sessions
Try to always replace and use fresh water for every renewed sessions. This is even more important when you are at the bars that supplies hookahs.
what is the legal age to use shisha in most countries?
- United states – 21 years old
- Germany – 18 years old
- United Kingdom – 18 years old
- Morocco – No restriction
- Oman – 18 years old
- Turkmenistan – Not allowed
- Australia – 18 years old
- India – 18 years old
Hookah vs Shisha. What is the difference between the two ?
Hookah is actually the smoking device itself, which is typically a large water pipe with one or more hoses coming off of it.
Shisha is the actual tobacco substance that is usually sold in molasses form and is placed inside the bowl of the hookah.
When lit with charcoal, the heat causes the tobacco to produce smoke, which is then inhaled through the hose.
In some regions, the actual pipe is called the “shisha,” although this is also the primary term used when referencing the tobacco that is smoked.