Precautionary measures when doing it !
READ THIS before reading the blog further.
- Firstly, this blog is not for beginners. Make sure that you have experience with shisha beforehand.
- Secondly, do not inhale the smoke. EVER! You only have to fill your mouth with the smoke.
- Thirdly, do no blow smoke rings onto someone’s face. It is disrespectful and rude to do so.
these combination produces the smoothest smoke circles
These are non tobacco shisha flavours that you are going to love just in case you are wondering.
What are Smoke Rings?
Smoke rings are created when smoke is suddenly injected into clear air from a narrow opening of the mouth, creating this circular like cloud with a hollow space in the center.
Some of the people’s favourite is the turkish shisha in combination. So along the way, you might see people that are pros at making these smoke tricks.
watch this video on how we do smoke rings
5 Steps guide using the O mouth method
Take a mouthful of smoke. Don’t inhale it. Make sure to use our shisha flavours for thicker smoke.
While dragging your tongue toward the back of your mouth, keep it pointed toward the bottom.
Form an “O” circle with your cheeks. You can do that by opening your mouth backward.
Blow a smoke ring with your lower jaw forward. When you click your jaws together, you should produce a short burst of air.
If you want impress someone, you can use a cellophane wrapper. By burning and making a hole in it, you can blow the gathered smoke in your mouth through it. You will get effortless and perfect hookah smoke rings.
what are some ways to get better at it ? 10 tips
1. start with the basics
Master the fundamental smoke tricks like blowing smoke rings before moving on to more advanced techniques.
2. Practice controlled breathing
Perfect your controlled breathing while practicing various shapes and tricks. Practice makes perfect, so be patient and persistent.
3. EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT SHAPES
Once you’ve mastered the basics, experiment with forming different shapes with the smoke, such as triangles or jellyfish, to enhance your skills.
4. Use a mirror
Practicing in front of a mirror can help you visualize the shapes you are creating with the smoke and make adjustments to improve your technique.
5. practice with Friends in bars
Practicing with a group of friends can create a fun and encouraging environment for learning and mastering new shisha tricks. And being in the bar forces you to be better than the rest.
6. BE PATIENT AND PERSISTENT
Learning smoke tricks takes time and practice, so be patient with yourself and keep practicing to improve your skills.
7. practice at home
As a complete beginner, practising at home is the sure way to be better. Choose a room with very little wind movement and disturbance.
8. Watch youtube videos
For more visual learners, it is better to watch youtube videos with step by step guide on how to do those tricks. Emulate and practice over time.
9. practice on a budget
For some users, owning a hookah can be expensive. But, buying something cheaper like a vape pen can be a good start to learn making smoke rings. Once you get better and you have saved more money over time, you can then go and own a hookah and start doing rings with that instead.
10. set a schedule and track progress
Once you have started to practice, it is good to track and schedule your practice times. Start at 8pm 2 hours before going to bed and write a journal to assess how you did today vs yesterday. Practice at least more than 4 times a week. The more you practice the better.
What other beginner tricks are there?
1. Backspin rings
- Push your jaw forward but rather by moving it upward. Just as you feel the smoke leaving your mouth, begin extending your tongue forward and straightening your jaw.
- To clear smoke from your mouth, you should keep your tongue at the bottom and utilise its wide middle part to move the smoke out of your mouth before bringing your jaw up gently with gentle force.
- Pop-out the smoke and add the backspin while curling your lips inward slightly but rapidly.
2. Fast rings
- You can push smoke out of your mouth faster and farther by using both your tongue and jaw simultaneously.
- As you move your jaw up and forward in a slight jutting motion, pop out the smoke ring.
- You must pair your tongue movements with your jaw movements in a timed manner.
What are the more advanced tricks?
Take a large draw on your hookah while leaving it in your mouth instead of sending the smoke to your lungs. Position your lips into an “O” shape and use your tongue to push a cloud of smoke out of your mouth.
Take a big drag on your hookah hose and do your best to leave the smoke in your mouth rather than taking it into your lungs. Open your mouth just a bit and let the smoke float up out of your mouth. Do not exhale, as that will push the smoke out too hard and fast for your nose to catch.
Blow a smoke ring, step into it while exhaling, and breathe through your nose – this will give the appearance of a bullring at one point
Blow a smoke ring and then blow a second, smaller ring inside of it. Suck the second ring back into the first to create the appearance of a jellyfish
Take a long drag and exhale the smoke slowly. Use your hand to chop the smoke into a downward motion to create the appearance of a waterfall
Blow a large smoke ring and then use your hand to create a circular motion around it. This will create the appearance of a tornado
Bubble rings (tongue out)
- Dive to your desired depth and lie horizontally on your back, ensuring your lips are level with the water’s surface.
- Close your lips and fill your cheeks with air.
- Extend your arms outward in front of you, palms facing upward.
- Stick your tongue out between your lips, creating a small gap.
- Release the air slowly from your cheeks while simultaneously pulling your tongue back inside your mouth.
- Repeat until you achieve consistent bubble rings.
To shape the smoke ring into a heart, start with the O shape, then you can snap your fingers above the ring to displace the air and create the heart shape.
what other alternative devices can you use to do smoke tricks?
1. Vape Pen
A popular device among e-cigarette users, vapes produce vapor that can be manipulated to form smoke rings when exhaled correctly.
2. Air Vortex Cannons
These homemade contraptions utilize basic materials like buckets, bungee cords, and plastic sheets to generate massive smoke rings through an air vortex effect.
3. Mini Smoke Ring Generators
There are DIY projects and designs available online that showcase smaller versions of smoke ring generators, often utilizing compressed air sources or specialized mechanisms
To blow smoke rings, you need to draw a mouthful of smoke from your cigar and keep it in your mouth without inhaling.
Some claims that you can create smoke rings with smarties, but that is not true. You can create “smoke particles”. But nothing close to rings.
Similar to blowing “O’s”, there are also different methods using the pipe. Such as using the tongue-push method or tapping the cheek.
In comparison to our tobacco free flavours, a cigarette might be possible. Although, it is not the best and has very unsatisfying sensation when doing so.
8. glass Bong
Another way some people get away without useing hookah is a bong. More famously used in the united states. And costs much more less than a standard hookah. Although, we personally think the smoke volume is not as satisfactory as a proper, well-built hookah.